XTRAcredits Faculty Support Centre
Video / Audio / Courseware:
First impressions are important, and producing a high quality video is critical to increasing student engagement.
The video/audio quality of your online course is essential for a great course experience for the professional who is learning from you.
- Lecture Length: We recommend that each chapter of your course are between 5-7 minutes. Remember that a CE qualified course from start to finish including testing time should be a minimum of 60 minutes in length.
- Video Settings: HD video (720p minimum) with clear lighting, composition, and a steady camera exported in 16:9 format. These settings will ensure that your lectures are mobile optimized for mobile devices.
- Lighting: Bright and balanced, with minimal shadows.
- Framing: Use a clean, uniform, and non distracting backdrop. The background should contrast with the subject so that the speaker stands out.
- File size: No larger than 1.0 GB. Information on supported file types such as .mp4
- Mobile Friendly: Featured text is large enough to read on a smaller screen.
- Engagement: Use direct eye contact. Record as though you were speaking with close friends
MOV or MP4 are the most common and what we recommend.
From a practical standpoint, training videos typically use the two-column (audio and video) type of format with the narration in one column and visuals in the other. Dramatizations often use the full-page screenplay format. Just use the one that works best for communicating your ideas and for future planning.
- Audio must be clear of distracting noises including: echoes; “pops” on ‘P’ and ‘T’ sounds; background hum; fuzziness.
- Audio must be coming out of both channels, and matched to video.
- All video lectures must have an audio track to walk students through your course content.
Invest in a good quality microphone.
What is a XTRAcredits Course?
A XTRAcredits online course gives students the opportunity to learn actionable skills that will help them in their career, business and support them with their recertification credits when they need it. The most engaging XTRAcredits courses use a combination of different teaching styles and formats and incorporate real world examples, quizzes, and interaction/gamification.
Courses should always incorporate the instructor's personality.
White space is good. Clutter will only create confusion and chaos. While you may think that crowding the pages with text, images and graphics will help you to create an effective visual design for your eLearning course, doing so can actually take away from its overall value. This is why white space should not be feared.
Pay attention to your TEXT colors. We recommend to stick with just two or three colors throughout the eLearning course.
ORANGE which is considered to be the colour of optimism, communication, and mental stimulation ( boost your learners’ creativity ).
RED can capture their attention and lend a sense of urgency.
When applicable use graphs and charts. They turn raw data into easily digestible visual elements.
About your CE provider status:
No, you must have courseware activated and an approval assigned to the courseware in order to be an accredited CE provider instructor.
YES. When you on board with XTRAcredits, everyone automatically gets their approved course (s) listed in the appropriate accrediting body category. For example, if you have a course that has been accredited at SHRM, your course ( whether it's online or live) will automatically be listed in that category. A sales page will be identified for your course and you will be given the url for that page to promote accordingly.
You will receive a commission report every 1/4 of the calendar year that outlines course sales. You can expect to be paid by cheque. If you want a wire transfer, XTRAcredits charges a $25 admin processing fee.
Online: When you onboard with XTRAcredits, you will be provided an instructor id# to provide your students at checkout so we may allocate the commissions accordingly.
Live: For every course certificate that is issued, you will be billed prior to the course certificate being distributed to your learner. Full payment is required before the certificate is distributed. We will store a copy of the certificate, list of participatns and course exam for 7 years from the date of delivery. A copy will be provided to you.
If you require any additional copies of these records during that 7 year period, XTRAcredits will charge a $125 fee for every copy request.
Have a question not answered here, please reach out.
Thanks for your message! We’ll be in touch soon.
Support at XTRAcredits