You Have Choices: Options of Openings - the Techniques
1.5 HOURS | 1.5 RD CREDITS
Energize your opening and easily captivate your audience.
The opening of your presentations must engage and arouse interest in your subject. Learn the many effective ways you can choose from to “grab” attention. Recognize that being predictable is boring. When you master the ability to open every presentation with impact, you will quickly acquire a reputation as an effective communicator. The purpose of the opening of any presentation is to arouse interest in your subject or presentation.
There are dozens of ways to open. The more techniques you feel comfortable with and can draw on at a moment’s notice, the more confident you will be. You have 30 seconds to command attention; don’t waste them. Be prepared. Your opening can captivate, mystify, excite, and create an emotional bond that keeps your audience in the palm of your hand. Clinch this information, and you will never see one of your audience members dozing off.
- Discover how to arouse interest in your subject.
- Comprehend why being predictable is not always good.
- Weigh the multiple options for opening any presentation.
- Determine which Hollywood principles you can apply.
- Appreciate why today’s audience needs to be addressed differently.
- Master the secrets of connecting to any audience at any time.
- Develop a habit of incorporating stories.
- Create excitement for your message.
- Recognize the value in scripting the opening sentences.
- Visualize what you want the audience to think when you are about to open.
- Consider when to quote, ask a question, use a statistic.
- Know the difference between what is or is not in the public domain.
- Calculate what not to say and why.
CREDITS WHEN YOU NEED THEM: