You Have Choices: Options of Openings - the Techniques
Energize your opening and easily capitvate your audience.
FACULTY: PATRICIA FRIPP | Time: 90 Minutes
"As an accredited coach, speaking is the most powerful tool you own to grow your business. It's a learned skill, so I learn from the best - Patricia and so should you. " - Sara Krisher, ACC
More About the Course
This course is available anytime from anywhere. You have 90 days to complete your course after your purchase. ( If you are a coach from ICF this course qualifies for 2 Research and Development credits)
Presentation Openings: The opening of your presentations must engage and arouse interest in your subject.
Your opening lines matter.
Learn the many effective ways you can choose from to “grab” attention. Recognize that being predictable is boring. When you master the ability to open every presentation with impact, you will quickly acquire a reputation as an effective communicator. The purpose of the opening of any presentation is to arouse interest in your subject or presentation.
There are dozens of ways to develop your presentation openings.
The more techniques you feel comfortable with and can draw on at a moment’s notice, the more confident you will be.
You have 30 seconds to command attention; don’t waste them.
Your opening lines should captivate, mystify, excite, and create an emotional bond that keeps your audience in the palm of your hand. Clinch this information, and you will never see one of your audience members dozing off.
- Discover how to arouse interest in your subject
- Comprehend why being predictable is not always good
- Weigh the multiple options for opening any presentation
- Determine which Hollywood principles you can apply
- Appreciate why today’s audience needs to be addressed differently
- Master the secrets of connecting to any audience at any time
- Develop a habit of incorporating stories
- Create excitement for your message
- Recognize the value in scripting the opening sentences
- Visualize what you want the audience to think when you are about to open
- Consider when to quote, ask a question, use a statistic
- Know the difference between what is or is not in the public domain
- Calculate what not to say and why
More About Patricia Fripp
As a true subject-matter expert for over 30 years, Patricia Fripp has been in demand to help executives, leaders, coaches, technical professionals, and ambitious individuals who seek the competitive edge that comes only by being a comfortable, clear, concise communicator.
Now she is available to help you accelerate your success in an easy and convenient way.
Kiplinger's Personal Finance wrote that one of the best investments in your career would be learning presentation skills from Patricia Fripp.
An expert who delivers as well as she teaches, she was named “One of the 10 most electrifying speakers in North America” by Meetings and Conventions magazine. Patricia was the first woman president of the National Speakers Association. She has won or been awarded these designations by NSA: Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), CPAE, Hall of Fame keynote speaker, and the Cavett (considered the Oscar of speaking).
Trusted by 100’s of clients including:
ADP, SAP, Concur, First American, First Republic Bank, Wounded Warrior Project, American Payroll Association, VISA, Genentech, Microsoft, Meridian Systems, Pearson