Breakthrough to Empower Your Coaching Client's Hidden Potential
Myers Briggs: The fundamental behavior behind client personality types.
FACULTY: DR. CHERIE CARTER-SCOTT | Time: 60 Minutes
More About the Course
This course is for any manager, business, executive or life coach looking to improve their relationships.
Approved For 1 CORE Credit. Available ONLINE anytime. You have 90 days to complete your course once purchased.
Your client’s personality plays a key role in your coaching conversation. As a coach, you are expected to support your client in achieving their goals. Understanding your client’s preferences will help you coach them in eliminating the gap between where they are presently and where they ideally want to be. The more you can understand your client’s innate preferences, the more effective you will be in supporting and empowering them. When you understand your personality type and your client’s personality type, you will obtain the necessary insights to engage in a powerful coaching relationship.
In this course facilitated by Dr. Cherie Carter- Scott, MCC you will learn how different personality types respond to coaching. The information in the MBTI will help you as a coach better understand your client’s responses to your coaching strategy.
Understanding and recognizing your client’s personality type is helpful to support them in uncovering their best self and in bridging the gaps.
- What is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- 16 different personality types overview
- Why is it useful and how to use it in the coaching conversation
- Identify the differences between Extraversion vs. Introversion in coaching
- Identify the differences between Intuition vs. Sensing in coaching
- Identify the differences between Thinking vs. Feeling in coaching
- Identify the differences between Judging vs. Perceiving in coaching
ICF Core Competencies:
- Shows genuine concern for the client's welfare and future
- Demonstrates respect for client's perceptions, learning style, personal being
- Provides ongoing support for and champions new behaviors and actions, including those involving risk taking and fear of failure
Approved For 1 Core credit
More About Dr.Chérie:
Dr. Chérie Carter-Scott, MCC, known as the “Mother of Coaching,” is a pioneer in the field of Human Development and Motivation since 1974. #1 New York Times Best Selling author of If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules, published in 40 countries with over four million copies sold, Transformational Life Coaching, a handbook for coaches, Negaholics: Stop Being Negative and Reclaim Your Happiness and 14 additional titles. She has been a frequent guest on Oprah and has appeared on numerous international media tours that include: The Today Show, CNN, and dozens of TV, radio, and print interviews. Not only is she a media personality who has worked on five continents in more than 30 countries, she currently trains coaches in Europe, Asia, and North America