CFP Board |Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
CFP Board sets and enforces standards for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification, which it has granted to more than 80,000 professionals in the US. Individuals who successfully complete the Certified Financial Planning Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements are authorized to use the CFP® certification marks in the United States.
ONLINE APPROVED COURSES
To ensure that CFP® professionals remain well-versed in comprehensive financial planning once they have attained CFP® certification. CFP's are required to complete 30 credit hours of continuing education (CE) every two years.
28.00 credit hours of General CE
2.00 credit hours CFP Board-approved Ethics CE
CE Policies, Effective February 1, 2017
On November 1, 2016, the Certified Financial Planning Board announced changes to the following Continuing Education (CE) policies that will become effective February 1, 2017:
- CE Credit for Designations & Licenses
- Changes to Teaching CE Standards
- Changes to Authorship CE Standards
- CE Credit for Authors/Instructors of CFP Board-Approved Ethics CE Programs
- Increase in Reporting Fee for Non-Registered CE Programs
- Online Self-Reporting of Non-Registered CE Programs
All of XTRAcredits online courses below have been verified for General CE credits.
Courses are available to CFP's 24/7 anytime from anywhere.