How to be a Powerful Communicator When You Listen Effectively (SHRM)
1 HOUR | 1 RD CREDIT
When you truly listen to others you will get results.
How often have you thought to yourself, “Why aren’t they listening to me?”
When you learn to listen more effectively, your communication pays off in stronger trust bonds and increased sales. Often, without intending to be rude, your enthusiasm for a subject, and your own desire to hear yourself talk causes you to forget courtesy. At other times, you may be so involved with your own point of view that you forget to listen to what the other person is saying. You just plain stop listening!
Others feel special when they find people who actively listen and try to understand what they have to say about their problems and needs. Once that occurs, the speaker generally reciprocates by listening when it’s the other person’s turn to speak. That leads to open, honest information exchange. Isn’t that what communication is all about?
- Improve the environment at work, home, management, and sales.
- Reduce relationship tensions and hostilities.
- Save time by reducing mistakes and misunderstandings.
- Reduce employee turnover and lost sales/customers.
In this course you will learn more about The CARESS Model for active listening:
- Concentration – how to maintain your focus.
- Acknowledgment - ways to demonstrate your interest and attention.
- Research – gather information via skillful use of questions and statements.
- Exercise Emotional Control – how to avoid inappropriately jumping to conclusions.
- Sensing - recognize and understand nonverbal messages.
- Structure – organize and prioritize the information you hear.
CREDITS WHEN YOU NEED THEM: